Click here to sign up for volunteer opportunities. (login required)
As a Co-Op preschool, the responsibilities for maintaining our community, raising scholarship funds and supporting our teachers fall on parents and other family members. The following is a list of the volunteer expectations during a year at SAPCP.
- Participate in school activities.
- Support all fundraising efforts as able.
- Help in a more significant role with at least one fundraising event.
- Spend a minimum of 2 days in the classroom during the school year (includes special events).
- Tuesday and Thursdays preferred
- Contribute a special interest, demonstration, project for the children or simply be an extra set of hands.
- Special events: Applesauce making, Outdoor days, Pumpkin carving, Latkes,
- Holiday cookies, Holiday party setup, Workbench, Chinese new year, Valentines distribution, Pancake breakfast.
- Open House in January
- Workbench days (January and March), volunteers can bring along glue guns, drills and any tools that are useful.
- Contribute snacks 2 weeks each year.
- Help with Thursday clean-up 2 times a year.
- Help wipe down bathroom surfaces 3 times a year.
Play Dough Recipe (for printable version click here)
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. cream of tartar
- Food coloring (consult teachers for color preferences)
Combine ingredients in sauce pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and you can no longer move the spoon. Remove mixture from the pan; when cool, add food coloring and knead until color is evenly distributed. Store in airtight container. This makes one nice-sized batch of play dough, enough for one classroom at school.
Tips For Cleaning Bathrooms
- Arrive 8:45
- Supplies and instructions (posted on door) in closet
- Wipe down Sinks, counters, toilet seats (over and under), door handles, parts of doors touched by fingers, soap dispenser and railings.
- With Wipes (BOTH bathrooms): Clean sinks, counter, toilets (focus especially on toilet seat over and under), door handles, parts of doors touched by fingers, soap dispenser and railings. Use your own discretion for how many wipes to use.
- With Swiffer Wet Jet (Kristen’s bathroom ONLY): Wet mop floor. Press button on handle to spray. Extra mop pads are in the closet.